Saturday, January 16, 2010

Self Hypnosis - My Experience

Can you hypnotise yourself? Can you create suggestions in your own mind to make yourself better at something or stop a bad habit? The answer is yes!

This form of ‘self therapy’ is done everyday and it is just a matter of allowing your mind to break down your psychological walls. I guess the best example is when you see professional sports people before a competition and they are speaking to themselves and are having some alone time. Personally I have been a competitive gymnast for over 10 years and I actually used to use self hypnosis myself. It would be the warm up time and I would be stretching out, this is the time that you feel the most pressure… the anticipation and it gets to most people. You basically need confirmation that you are prepared and that everything will be fine, that you are prepared.


My self hypnosis technique
I would use my stretching time to put my mind and body in a relaxed state. Then I would confirm (under my breath) “you are prepared”, “confident”, “ready” and “will focus on technique”. These where my NLP hypnosis phrases that helped with my negative association to competition and pressure. Needless to say I have quite a few gold medals at home which are a visual confirmation of success and preparation paying off. Everyone is different so I am not saying that these will work for you but you never know, we might have similar neuro-linguistic programming.


Self hypnosis in my working world
I find that I handle stress and pressure much better than most simply because I do not allow my mind to go to a negative place. Of course I am human and sometimes I might slip but if it happens I take a little time to myself and use positive suggestive phrases to remind myself that these issues are actually a positive that can be overcome. It works and all I can say is that people who have listened to me and genuinely try to do the same are also finding success with this self hypnosis technique.

Where can you learn self hypnosis principles?
These principles can definitely be learned by anyone and if you to genuinely want to learn them then I would recommend having a look at the conversational hypnosis link to your right, it is used by thousands of people world wide.

1 comment:

  1. .., lots of story have been shared with the use of this hypnosis... i hope that this will work to relieve stress...
    Celebrity Hypnotherapist Joseph Clough

    ReplyDelete